Main Article Content
This research was conducted to determine the immunomodulatory effect of ethanol extract of neem leaves (Azadirachta indica) to the number of peritoneal macrophages in mice wich induced by BCG vaccine. Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccine contained an attenuated Mycobacterium bovis. Mycobacterium bovis belongs to the Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Complex (MTC) group that has a similar phenotype characteristic with Mycobacterium tuberculosis and similar clinical manifestations of tuberculosis.The type of the research that used in this study is laboratory experimental research with Post Test Design Design Only Control Group Design. The research was conducted at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Airlangga University in July 2017 using 25 male mice divided into five groups. The dosage of ethanol extract of the neem leaves given was 200 mg / Kg BW with variation for two days, four days, and six days are given.In the result of statistical data analysis using Kruskal-walis test, it is known that the significance value p = 0,03 (p <0,05), that means immunomodulatory of ethanol extract of neem leaves (Azadirachta indica) give an effect to peritoneal macrophage cell number in mice wich induced by BCG vaccine, so that neem leaves ethanol extract can be applied to tuberculosis patients.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium (JTL) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. JTL granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by JTL in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
JTL journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
JTL journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
2. Indonesia KKR. Tuberkulosis Temukan Obat Sampai Sembuh. Riset Pusat Data dan Informasi Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia; 2016.
3. Tjahajati I. Vaksinasi BCG Meningkatkan Aktivitas Fagositosis dan Sekresi Reactive Oxygen Intermediate (ROI) Pada Makrofag Peritoneum Kucing yang Diinfeksi dengan Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Kedokt Brawijaya. 2005;XXI(2).
4. Chaudhary S, Kanwar RK, Sehgal A, et al. Progress on Azadirachta indica Based Biopesticides in Replacing Synthetic Toxic Pesticides. J Front Plant Sci. 2017;8.
5. Susanti E, Ratnawati R, Aulanniâ€™am, Rudijanto A. Karakterisasi Kultur Makrofag Hasil Isolasi Mouse Peritoneum Makrofag (MPM). El-Hayah. 2015;5(3).
6. Liao C-T, Andrews R, Wallace LE, et al. Peritoneal Macrophage Heterogenecity is Associated With Different Peritoneal Dialysis Outcomes. J Kidney Int 91 Elsevier. 2017:1088-1103.
7. Gogacz M, GaÅ‚czyÅ„ski K, WojtaÅ› M, et al. Fas-Related Apoptosis of Peritoneal Fluid Macrophages in Endometriosis Patients: Understanding the Disease. J Immunol Res v. 2017.
8. Prendergast KA, Counoupas C, Eto LLC, Bitter W, Winter N, A.Triccas J. The Ag85B protein of the BCG vaccine facilitates macrophage uptake but is dispensable for protection against aerosol Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. J Vaccine. 2016;34(23):2608-2615.
9. Mertaniasih NM, Koendhori EB, Kusumaningrum D. Buku Ajar Tuberkulosis Diagnostik Mikrobiologis. Surabaya: Universitas Airlangga; 2013.
10. Alice L, Singh V, Soualhine H, Hmama Z. Expression of Cathepsin S in BCG converts it into a pro-apoptotic and highly immunogenic strain. J Vaccine. 2017;35(16):2060-2068.
11. Taufiqurochman MA. Perubahan ekspresi heat shock protein 70 Akibat paparan medan elektromagnetik Extremely low frequency pada makrofag Peritoneum mencit yang diinfeksi Toxoplasma gondii. Biomedika. 2015;7(2).
12. Mustamu HL, Evacuasiany E, Liana LK. The Ethanol Extract of Neem Leaf (Azadirachta Indica A. Juss) Effect towards Wound Healing in Male Swiss Webster Mice. J Med Heal. 2016;1(3).
13. Nazarudin M, Jusak Nugraha A. Nilai Diagnostik Rapid Test TbAg dan MPT64 Dengan Kultur Sebagai Gold Standar. J Progr Stud Imunol Sekol Pasca Sarj Univ Airlangga. 2016.
14. Agger E. Novel adjuvant formulations for delivery of anti-tuberculosis vaccine candidates. HHS Public Access Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016:73â€“82.
15. Nurkhasanah, Santoso RD, Fauziah R. The immunomodulatory effect of Zingiber cassumunar ethanolic extract on phagocytic activity, nitrit oxide and reaxtive oxygen intermediate secretions of macrophage in mice. IPCUAD. 2017.
16. Nurwati I. Pengaruh Akupunktur Titik Feishu (BL-13) dan Zusanli (ST-36) pada inflamasi dan Airway remodeling mencit model asma kronik (kajian imunopatobiologi molekuler). 2015.
17. Supriyanto, Simon.BW, M R, Yunianta. Uji Fitokimia Dan Aktivitas Antioksidan Ekstrak Daun Mimba (Azaradiracta indica Juss). Pros SNATI F Ke-4. 2017.
18. Figueroa LA, Abarca-Vargas R, Alanis CG, Petricev VL. Comparison between Peritoneal Macrophage Activation by Bougainvillea xbuttiana Extract and LPS and/or Interleukins. Biomed Res Int. 2017:11.
19. Susmitha S, Vidyamol K, Ranganayaki P, Vijayaragavan R. Phytochemical Extraction and Antimicrobial Properties of Azadirachta indica (Neem). Glob J Pharmacol 7. 2013:316-320.
20. Zhang D-L, Zhang S-W, Cheng QH, et al. Effects of peritoneal macrophage autophagy on the immune function of sepsis mice. Am J Clin Exp Immunol. 2017:52-59.