The Need for Purine Checks on Fisherman : Case study in Tafure of North Ternate of North Moluccas
The need for purine check on Fisherman is important because when the fisherman excess consuming highly purine contained in the food in a long rime periode will cause purine metabolism disorder and can lead to purine deposition in joint tissue and sorouding, and finally will become gout arthritis. The uncontrolled of Gout Arthritis will lead to kidney stone, kidney function impaired, and end with kidney failure. Research aims was to analyzes purine effect toward body metabolism functions.
Research types using is analytic research with design one sample group to analyzes purine effect toward body metabolism functions on fishermans in Tafure of North Ternate of Moluccas. Population is whole member fishermans groups in Tafure sub district with sex men as amount 55 peoples. Data analyzes use one samples t-Test, research results precentage in the form frequency distribution table with explaining and narration. Research results showed that respondents characteristic most of the attain the age of 26-45 years as much as 29 respondents (53%), had been BMI normal category as amount 46 respondents (84%). Uric acid levels normal is 32 respondents (60%), abnormal as amount 23 repondents (40%), and food consumption habitually high purine. Statistic test results using one samples t-Test showed that age mean 44.49+Std.D 11.460 p0.000<p0.05, BMI mean 22.62_Std.D 2.468 p0.000<p0.05 and uric acid levels mean 6.69+Std.D 1.275 p0.000<p0.05. That’s mean there is influencing between aged and BMI with increasing uric acid levels that food consumption high purine influencing uric acid levels on fishermans in sub district Tafure North Ternate District.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
- Pisaniello HL, Lester S, Gonzalez-Chica D, et al. Gout prevalence and predictors of urate-lowering therapy use: Results from a population-based study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2018;20(1):1-10. doi:10.1186/s13075-018-1633-9
- Eleftheriadis T, Golphinopoulos S, Pissas G, Stefanidis I. Asymptomatic hyperuricemia and chronic kidney disease: Narrative review of a treatment controversial. J Adv Res. 2017;8(5):555-560. doi:10.1016/j.jare.2017.05.001
- Ren Z, Huang C, Momma H, et al. Nutrition , Metabolism & Cardiovascular Diseases The consumption of fi sh cooked by different methods was related to the risk of hyperuricemia in Japanese adults?: A 3-year follow-up study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2016;26(9):778-785. doi:10.1016/j.numecd.2016.05.009
- Drivelegka P, Sigurdardottir V, Svärd A, Jacobsson LTH, Dehlin M. Comorbidity in gout at the time of first diagnosis?: sex differences that may have implications for dosing of urate lowering therapy. Published online 2018:1-10.
- Butler F, Alghubayshi A, Roman Y. The Epidemiology and Genetics of Hyperuricemia and Gout across Major Racial Groups?: A Literature Review and Population Genetics Secondary Database Analysis. Published online 2021:1-15.
- Ragab G, Elshahaly M, Bardin T. Gout: An old disease in new perspective – A review. J Adv Res. 2017;8(5):495-511. doi:10.1016/j.jare.2017.04.008
- Hahn K, Kanbay M, Lanaspa MA, Johnson RJ, Ejaz AA. Serum uric acid and acute kidney injury?: A mini review. J Adv Res. 2017;8(5):529-536. doi:10.1016/j.jare.2016.09.006
- Xiong Q, Liu J, Xu Y. Effects of Uric Acid on Diabetes Mellitus and Its Chronic Complications. Int J Endocrinol. 2019;2019. doi:10.1155/2019/9691345
- Abou-Elela A. Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and management of uric acid urolithiasis: A narrative review. J Adv Res. 2017;8(5):513-527. doi:10.1016/j.jare.2017.04.005
- Grygiel-Górniak B, Puszczewicz MJ. Diet in hyperuricemia and gout - Myths and facts. Reumatologia. 2014;52(4):269-275. doi:10.5114/reum.2014.44707
- Boleu FI, Mangimbulude JC, Karwur FF, et al. PADA KOMUNITAS ETNIK ASLI DI HALMAHERA UTARA HYPERURICEMIA AND THE RELATIONS BETWEEN BLOOD URIC ACID CONCENTRATION , RANDOM BLOOD GLUCOSE AND BMI AMONG ETHNIC POPULATION IN NORTH HALMAHERA Hiperurisemia adalah kondisi di mana kritis untuk mengkristal , ya. 2018;9(52):96-106.
- Sharaf UAA, Din E, Salem MM, Abdulazim DO. Uric acid in the pathogenesis of metabolic , renal , and cardiovascular diseases?: A review. J Adv Res. 2017;8(5):537-548. doi:10.1016/j.jare.2016.11.004
- Kusumayanti GAD, Dewantari NM, Author C. The Influence of Low Purine Diet and Physical Activity on Changing of Uric Acid Levels in Hyperuricemia. 2017;1(3).
- Proudman C, Lester SE, Gonzalez-chica DA, Gill TK, Dalbeth N, Hill CL. Gout , flares , and allopurinol use?: a population-based study. 2019;7:1-8.
- Manickam S, Arun P, Petchiappan V, Menon S. Section?: Medicine Is Serum Uric Acid an Added Risk Factor for Micro-Vascular Complications of Diabetes Mellitus?? – A Prospective Study Section?: Medicine. 2019;6(7).
- Finch A. The management of gout. 2016;39(4):119-122.
- TALBOTT JH. Diagnosis and treatment of gouty arthritis. Postgrad Med. 1949;5(5):386-393. doi:10.1080/00325481.1949.11693819
- Shekelle P, FitzGerald J, Newberry S, et al. Management of Gout - Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 176. (Prepared by the RAND Southern California Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2012-00006-I.). AHRQ Publ No16-EHC017-EF Rockville, MD Agency Healthc Res Qual. 2016;(176). www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/reports/final.cfm
- Perhimpunan Reumatologi Indonesia. Rekomendasi Pedoman Diagnosis Dan Pengelolaan Gout.; 2018.
- Hikmatyar G, Larasati TA. Penatalaksanaan Komprehensif Arthritis Gout dan Osteoarthritis pada Buruh Usia Lanjut Comprehensive Management of Arthritis Gout and Osteoarthritis in Old Age Workers. Published online 2013.
- SALSABILA NS. Analisis Edukasi Dokter Mengenai Pola Hidup Penderita Gout dalam Upaya Penurunan Risiko Kambuhnya Gout. Published online 2019. doi:10.31227/osf.io/9g4wx
How to Cite This
Copyright and Permissions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium (JTL) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. JTL granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by JTL in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
JTL journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
JTL journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.