Main Article Content
Cardiovascular disease is a disease that causes the most deaths in the world. One of its main risk factor is triglyceride levels which make the emergence of plaque in coronary artery. Statin as an option drug in reducing triglyceride levels apparently reported to cause myopathy and kidney failure when used in a long term. Natural product like red dragon fruit began to be developed as a safer alternative. The content of various substances such as niacin, vitamin C and fiber in it useful as antihypertriglyceridemia.
This study aims to determine the effect of red dragon fruit (Hylocereus polyrhizus) juice to the decrease of triglyceride levels in hyperlipidemic white rats (Rattus norvegicus).
This study was an experimental study with pre and post test with control group design. The subjects were 24 male experimental animals (Rattus norvegicus) were divided into 4 groups: one positive control group given simvastatin 0.18 mg/ 200 gram ofÂ weight and three groups treated with red dragon fruit juice doses of 3.6; 5.4 and 7.2 gram/ 200 gram of weight. Then, data were analyzed escriptively with One-Way ANOVA test using SPSS 16.0 for Windows.
Results with descriptive analysis obtained that mean of positive controlâ€™s pre-test triglyceride level was 104.80 mg/ dl and treatment groups I, II and III respectively 108.15 mg/ dl, 106.47 mg/ dl and 107.43 mg/ dl whereas positive controlâ€™s post-test triglyceride level was 51.09 mg/ dl and for the treatment groups were 94.64 mg /dl, 71.01 mg/ dl and 58.75 mg/ dl. One Way ANOVA test obtained p <0.05 which indicated the difference between the treatment of various doses of red dragon fruit juice to white ratsâ€™ triglyceride levels. Based on that, means there is the effect of various doses of red dragon fruit (Hylocereus polyrhizus) juice to the decrease of triglyceride levels in hyperlipidemic white rats (Rattus norvegicus).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium (JTL) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. JTL granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by JTL in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
JTL journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
JTL journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
2. Hutter, C. M., Austin, M. A., Humphries, S. E. (2004). Familial Hypercholesterolemia, Peripheral Arterial Disease, and Stroke: A HuGE Minireview. American Journal of Epidemiology.160: 430â€“435. Diunduh tanggal 5 Desember 2013 dari http://aje. oxfordjournals.org/content/160/5/430.full.pdf+html
3. Soeharto, I. (2004). Penyakit Jantung Koroner dan Serangan Jantung. Edisi kedua. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama
4. Stringer, J. L. (2006). Konsep Dasar Farmakologi: Panduan untuk Mahasiswa. Edisi 3. Alih Bahasa: Huriawati Hartanto. Jakarta: EGC
5. Grundy, S. M. (2005). The Issue of Statin Safety: Where do We Stand? Journal of the American Heart Association, 111: 3016-3019. Diunduh tanggal 5 Desember 2013 dari http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/111/23/3016.full. pdf+html
6. Rusilanti., Indah, Yunita., Tetty., Tinton. (2013). Jus Ajaib Penumpas Aneka Penyakit. Jakarta: AgroMedia Pustaka
7. Kristanto, D. (2008). Buah Naga: Pembudidayaan di Pot dan di Kebun. Jakarta: Penebar Swadaya
8. Gropper, S. S. dan Smith, J. L. (2005). Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism. 4th edition dalam Probosari, E., Hertanto, Puruhita, N. (2011). Pemberian Teh Rosela (Hibiscus sabdariffa Linn), Simvastatin dan Profil Lipid serta Serum ApoB pada Tikus Hiperkolesterolemi. Media Medika Indonesiana. Diunduh tanggal 3 Desember 2013 dari http://ejournal.undip.ac.id/index.php/mmi/article/view/ 3121/2801
9. Hardhani, A. S. (2008). Pengaruh Pemberian Ekstrak Daun Salam (Eugenia Polyantha) Terhadap Kadar Trigliserida Serum Tikus Jantan Galur Wistar Hiperlipidemia. Artikel Penelitian. Diunduh tanggal 5 Desember 2013 dari http://eprints.undip.ac. id/24175/1/Angela.pdf
10. Gunawan, S. G. (2007). Farmakologi dan Terapi. Edisi 5. Jakarta: Balai Penerbit FKUI