Main Article Content
Consumption of excessive fat in the food that we consume daily can increase cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood that is called dyslipidemia. Diet, exercise and drugs are the effort can be done to lower the lipid levels. The herbs have been widely used as an alternative to lower cholesterol levels because the active substances contained antihiperlipid properties. Soursop has many benefits in curing some diseases. Soursop contains an active ingredient that can lower LDLâ€™s cholesterol levels, including vitamin C, fiber and niacin. Therefore, the researchers wanted to do experiment using soursop as an alternative for lowering LDLâ€™s cholesterol levels in dyslipidemia white rat serum.
The purpose of this experiment was to determine the effect of various doses of soursop juice to decrease of LDLâ€™s cholesterol levels in dyslipidemia white rat serum.
This experiment used pre-test and post-test with control group design. Soursop juice doses used was at 0,9; 1,8 and 2,7 g / 200 g BW of white rat. The data were processed using descriptive and statistics by the Kolmogorov Smirnov Test, One Way ANOVA, Post Hoct Test and linear regression in SPSS 16.0 for Windows.
The results of this experiment was the percentage decrease of LDL cholesterol levels in the white rat serum of various doses soursop juice, which is 0,9 g / 200 g BW of 46,19%, a dose of 1,8 g / 200 g BW of 52,30 % and a dose of 2,7 g / 200 g BW of 61,62%.
There was the effect of various doses of soursop juice to decrease LDLâ€™s cholesterol levels in dyslipidemia white rat serum. The greater the dose of soursop juice given, the greater the reduction in LDLâ€™s cholesterol levels in the serum of dyslipidemia white rat.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium (JTL) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. JTL granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by JTL in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
JTL journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
JTL journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
2. Staf Pengajar Departemen Farmakologi Fakultas Kedokteran UNSRI. 2008. Kumpulan Kuliah Farmakologi. Edisi 2. Jakarta: EGC.
3. Instalasi Gizi Perjan RS. Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo dan Asosiasi Dietisien Indonesia. 2006. Penuntun Diet Edisi Baru. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
4. Dalimartha, S. 2007. Atlas Tumbuhan Obat Indonesia. Jilid 4. Jakarta: Puspa Swara.
5. Apriadji, W.H. 2006. 180 Jus Buah dan Sayuran untuk Mengatasi Gangguan Kesehatan, Meningkatkan Gairah Bercinta dan Tampil Lebih Muda. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
6. Zuhud, E.A.M. 2011. Bukti Kedahsyatan Sirsak Menumpas Kanker. Jakarta: Agromedia Pustaka.
7. Mitchell, L.G., Reece, J.B. & Campbell, N.A.,. 2004. Biologi. Edisi 5. Jilid 3. Jakarta: Erlangga.
8. Wahyudi, A. 2009. Metabolisme Kolesterol Hati : Khasiat Ramuan Jati Belanda (Guazoma ulmifolia Lamk.) Dalam Mengatur Konsentrasi Kolesterol Seluler. Skripsi. Bogor: Institut Pertanian Bogor. Diunduh tanggal 23 November 2013 di http://repository.ipb.ac.id/bitstream/handle/123456789/12124/G09awa.pd/sequence=