Main Article Content
Background this research is worm disease problematic in the field of health. Treatment for the disease worms that have been used are synthetic drugs that have side effects are not good for health and can lead to dependence. One of the medicinal plants used for deworming is garlic. Chemical constituents in garlic is allicin that is anthelmintics.To prove that it is carried out in vivo study using dogs infected with Toxocara canis worms as test animals.
Objective this research to knowing of the effectiveness of various doses of garlic juice with a gift on the first day against Toxocara canis worm egg counts in vivo and the largest decrease in the effectiveness of Toxocara canis worm egg counts after administration of juice garlic at a dose of 0,5; 1 and 1,5 percent weight within 6 days of observation.
Methods this research is an experimental study using dogs infected with Toxocara canis nearly the same number of eggs as well as the research design pretest-posttest with control group.
Results the largest decrease in the effectiveness of Toxocara canis worm egg counts after administration juice garlic at a dose of 0,5; 1 and 1,5 percent weight within 6 days of observation known to occur on day 3 with a percentage of effectiveness are 48,49%; 67,18%; dan 82,85%. The higher doses of garlic juice, the more effective to decline in the amount of worm eggs Toxocara canis in vivo.
Conclusion this research is garlic juice with various doses are not as effective as once treatment in reducing the the amount of eggs bracelet worm (Toxocara canis) in vivo.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium (JTL) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. JTL granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by JTL in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
JTL journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
JTL journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
2. Onggowaluyo, J.S. 2002. Parasitologi Medik I (Helmintologi): Pendekatan Aspek Identifikasi, Diagnosa, dan Klinik. Jakarta: EGC
3. Subronto. 2006. Penyakit Infeksi Parasit dan Mikroba pada Anjing dan Kucing. Yogyakarta : Gajah Mada University PressEsthuniningsih, S.N. 2005. Toxocariasis Pada Hewan dan Bahayanya pada Manusia. Bogor : Balai Penelitian Veteriner
4. Watanabe, T. 2001. Penyembuhan dengan Terapi Bawang Putih. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama
5. Siswandono dan Soekardjo B. 2000. Kimia Medisinal. Surabaya : Airlangga University Press
6. Notoatmodjo, S. 2005. Metodologi Penelitian Kesehatan. Jakarta : Rineka Cipta
7. Sari, Y. 2001. Efek Anthelmetika Perasan Bawang Putih (Allium sativum L) Terhadap Cacing Toxocara sp pada Anjing Secara In-Vitro. Skripsi. Yogyakarta: Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan Universitas Gajah Mada
8. Roser, D. 2005. Bawang Putih untuk Kesehaan. Jakarta : PT Bumi Aksara
9. Yulianti, Y. 2006. Uji Daya Anthelmintik Perasan Bawang Putih (Allium sativum) Terhadap Cacing Ascaridia galli Secara In-Vitro. Karya Tulis Ilmiah. Semarang : Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Diponegoro
10. Mutschler, E. 1999. Dinamika Obat Buku Ajar Farmakologi dan Toksikologi. Bandung : ITB
11. Prajanto dan Andoko, A. 2006. Membuat Anjing Sehat dan Pintar. Jakarta Selatan : ArgoMedia Pustaka